November Member of the Month: Anthony E. Gay
Vice President and General Counsel, PECO Energy
1. Tell us briefly what a typical work day is like for you.
It begins by getting up early, often before 4:00 a.m., when all is quiet. I usually try to read something inspirational and then address whatever is top of mind or urgent before I leave the house. When I get into the office, I have the privilege of addressing a broad variety of business opportunities and challenges facing PECO, and working with the company’s CEO and senior leadership team. A key element of every day for me is working to be healthy in mind, body and spirit.
2. What do you enjoy most about your job?
Being involved in almost every aspect of PECO’s business, whether it is regulatory, litigation, labor and employment, environmental, health and safety, or operational matters.
3. What do you enjoy most about being a member of the Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia?
Being connected with some of the best attorneys in the Philadelphia region.
4. What do you believe has been your most important personal attribute in your legal career?
Being a “go to” person for delivering great results in difficult circumstances.
5. What has been the best moment of your career thus far?
When I, as part of a team, successfully completed the Exelon/PHI merger, creating a Fortune 100 energy company serving more than 10,000,000 customers.
6. If you hit the lottery tonight, where could we find you tomorrow?
7. What artists are you listening to now?
Drake, James Brown, Nicki Minaj and Queen.
8. What is your favorite restaurant in the Philadelphia area?
Vernick or Lacroix.
9. If you had a chance to give out your own award, who would you recognize?
My wife (I hope she is reading this article).
10. What advice would you give to members of the Barristers?
You should always be looking for your next opportunity whether it is within your current law firm, corporation or business or outside of it.