- This event has passed.
Know Your Rights Town Hall
April 16, 2019 @ 2:00 PM - 3:30 PMFree
53.5 million U.S. residents age 16 years or older had contact with the police in the last reported year. According to the most recent Bureau of Justice Statistics Police-Public Contact Survey, when police initiated the contact, blacks and Hispanics were more likely to experience the threat or use of physical force than whites.
Knowing your rights can save your life. Take part in a candid, enlightening discussion with local attorneys and community leaders about what to do if stopped or questioned by the police and how to best exercise your constitutional rights.
Attendees will learn, among other things:
- Application of the U.S. Constitution Fourth Amendment (“Search and Seizure”);
- Whether it is legal to record police activity; and
- How citizens should respond if and when they have contact with police officers.
The esteemed panel, moderated by Cherri Gregg of CBS3-TV/KYW Radio, will include:
- Kevin Mincey, Founding Partner, Mincey Fitzpatrick Ross, LLC;
- Reggie Shuford, Executive Director at the ACLU of Pennsylvania;
- Inspector Derrick E. Wood, of the Philadelphia Police Department; and
- Attorney Deborah Watson-Stokes.
This Town Hall encourages citizens and local legal professionals to engage and work together for the betterment of the community. Attend to become a more informed and responsible citizen. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT EVENT CHAIRS: Lakeisha Robinson, Co-Chair firstname.lastname@example.org David Williams, Co-Chair email@example.com